The Abundant Table Service
The Abundant Table is an expansive intergenerational service of Holy Eucharist offered at 9 a.m. Building on a 20-year tradition of contemporary worship on Sunday mornings, the Abundant Table service is a service that
- joyfully expands the tradition while remaining rooted in it, seeking creative ways to connect ancient faith to contemporary experience
- welcomes children, teenagers and adults of all ages and teaches the love of Jesus
- brings people at all stages of the journey of faith into mutual celebration
- breaks bread at the altar of God’s banquet
- moves with a strong rhythm, a full sound and robust congregational singing
Children are welcome at all of Trinity’s service, and The Abundant Table is especially welcoming to younger people. It frequently features an age-appropriate Children’s Chapel and offers interactive “soft space” for the youngest children. For more information about children’s participation, please contact Eric Travis, our director of children’s and youth ministry.
Music at The Abundant Table will be led by artist-in-residence Morgan Mecaskey, musician, singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, who also serves as the artistic director for Roots of American Music, an organization using traditional American music to connect students with our past.