Position Available: Facility Manager
Trinity Cathedral is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Description: The Facilities Manager is responsible for the complete and comprehensive stewardship and operations of the campus of Trinity Cathedral. This position proactively provides for the complete maintenance, safety, and housekeeping of these and other physical campus spaces as well as all related grounds.
- Support and lead the Property and Sustainability Committee in long-term facilities planning and management of ongoing capital and maintenance projects.
- Work with the Cathedral Dean, organizational leadership, and related Boards to optimize facilities operations and grounds management in accordance to the church’s mission, ministries, goals, and objectives.
- Manage and perform all activities related to the provision, maintenance, and repair of facilities including but not limited to buildings inspections, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, custodial, landscape, waste management, safety, and security.
- Work with appropriate municipal and governmental agencies to ensure that all buildings and grounds are safe and meet all current code requirements.
- Manage the procurement and maintenance of contractor and vendor agreements relating to the campus overall and ensure that service standards are consistently met in an efficient, cost effective, and quality manner.
- Manage expenditures related to the facilities, grounds management, and events in accordance with the approved budget.
- Proactively provide for all safety and security matters for the campus.
- Serve as primary contact for facility related emergencies, which may require evening and weekend work.
- Execute event orders, such as room and equipment set up, including the scheduling and supervision of appropriate hospitality staff and stewards. As warranted, advise event leaders on the development of event orders and on post-event analysis.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate all related staff.
The Facilities Manager reports to the Dean of Trinity Cathedral (or designee) and supervises Building Stewards.
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience
- 7 - 10 years of facility management experience is required.
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while balancing competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Ability to use discretion, and the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Applicable maintenance and technical certifications are preferred.
- Ability to lift/carry up to approximately 50 pounds frequently and occasionally lifting/carrying of objects weighing up to approximately 75 pounds may be required.
- Must be able and willing to work outside of typical business hours to accommodate event demands
Compensation: $60-70,000 annually and excellent benefits including family health insurance, short-term disability, life insurance and a retirement pension plan.
About Trinity Cathedral: Trinity Cathedral is the cathedral for the Episcopal Diocese of Ohio. It is a thriving urban community of faith serving nearly 800 active members and far-reaching members of the community, including civic and faith leaders in Cleveland and Episcopalians throughout Northern Ohio. Trinity’s commitment to its faith, mission, and downtown Cleveland are evident in its impactful hunger, outreach, and community-building programs and vibrant small-group ministries.
Its Gothic style cathedral, designed by noted Cleveland architect Charles Schweinfurth, is on the National Register. Its commitment to bringing sacred public space to the community is evident in its outward facing, 100,000 SF campus including 2002 Trinity Commons expansion of event, meeting, exhibit spaces, and retail storefronts. The Cathedral and Commons annually welcome more than 50,000 people for prayer, community conversation, special events, arts performances, seminars, educational programs, and neighborhood outreach.
Trinity Cathedral does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or status as an individual with a disability or protected veteran.
To Apply: Please email letter of interest, resume, references, and salary requirements with a subject heading of “Facilities Manager Search” to [email protected]
Tags: Job Postings