Job Posting - Sunday Kitchen Services Coordinator
September 3, 2022
The Sunday Kitchen Services Coordinator will handle duties for both congregational Coffee Hour and A Place at the Table hot lunch, a weekly outreach program.
Coffee Hour is a social time for church members & guests, that takes place after each worship service. We serve beverages and snacks.
Prepare and serve beverages and snacks for Sunday Coffee Hours— 3 Coffee Hours on Sundays during the program year (Sept-May), and 2 Coffee Hours during the summer months.
The coordinator will set the serving table before the first Coffee Hour and clear up after the last one and will clean up the kitchen, washing dishes and putting away all Coffee Hour items.
A Place at the Table Hot Meal:
Trinity Cathedral serves a free no-questions-asked hot lunch to individuals in our neighborhood who may be hungry or seeking community. We have been providing this free meal since 1983. We have rotating teams of volunteers who come to serve the meal.
The meal is served on Sundays from 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Heat the prepared meal (provided by Lutheran Metropolitan Ministry’s Central Kitchen) to the proper serving temperature.
- The coordinator will provide supplies and give direction to the volunteers who will be serving the meal that day.
- After the meal, the coordinator will wash dishes and serving items and put them away, and will clean up the kitchen.
- The Sunday Kitchen Services Coordinator can expect to be on-site on Sundays from 7:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- The coordinator will be expected to maintain ServSafe certification.
- The coordinator will be paid $14-15 per hour, based on experience. This is a contract position.
Contact: Ginger Bitikofer, 216-774-0407, [email protected]